Saturday, April 12, 2014

THAT OLD TWO STEP



By the third one
She was numb.

Too many tangled,
“no, I don’t really love you’s”
caught up in her dreams.

Erotic arousal brings
visions of 
dismemberment

little feet and hands
that would never hold
a mother’s heart.

Heart? 
What is heart?
Eggs sizzle
in the pan

where once a soft,
moist kiss
bespoke of moments
lost.

“No, I did not love him.”
Safer not to love
‘till dismembered babies
enter the picture.

A saxophone somewhere
far off plays...
Baby, take my heart.
Baby, take my hand.
take me to the arcade

Baby make them eggs stop
sizzlin’ --
Make that pinball whirl end,
the arcade lights go dim,

Make this menstral trail
fill once again with life,
set aside the ache of life spent,
life lost,

Life -- that egg that sizzles,
never hatched.


No comments:

Post a Comment